I loved the title of this song and even though I guess it poped out of nostalgia it’s a must-listen to!
“Sleeping with Sirens”
American alternative-rock band and
sometimes post-hardcore band from Orlando, Florida. Formed in 2009. Four members.
The official music video of this song is so natural that it actually makes me want to pay more attention to the words it resembles because this is an advice-song we all should pay attention to.
That’s why aside from seeing the band members playing in the beach and the lead singer looking straight into our souls (through all the hair in his face) this video doesn’t narrates any specific story but leads us with the sound of its guitar to undeniable THRUTHS:
1. Nobody is going to love you if you don’t love yourself first.
2. We all got friends and enemies too.
3. If there’s no “right” way to say the thruth still say it.
4. People tend to criticize us when they feel stronger so remain strong or
5. Remember that -most of the times- bullies are just as broken as you are but they are so incapable of getting up by themselves that they step on others first, I know, you shouldn’t let them step on you but still remember you can’t tear them down because perhaps they are already down.
6. Everyone is trying to be “someone” so even if we’re not on top, we’re not alone.
7. Show confidence in yourself. If you buy it then everyone will.
8. The only one who can bring up the best out of you is YOU so if you need to improve, start now and stop waiting for someone else to come and save you.
9. Accept when something is over so you know when it’s time to step up and walk away.
10. We only have today. The past and the future doesn’t exist so never keep yourself from doing or saying what you want to do or say, just DO it now.
11. Life didn’t come with an instruction manual so make your best effort and know that even when you make mistakes you’ll have to get over them, hold on and keep trying.
12. Don’t blame others for your fauls. Be responsible and be brave enough to face the consequences.
13. Examine yourself, be honest and identify your weaknesses in order to improve. The only way to amend what we don’t like is to change it ourselves.
14. Listen to your heart. Do what makes you happy. Treasure what you love. Fight for what you believe in.
…And the lovely lyrics (spanish/english):
Is there a right way for how this goes
You’ve got your friends
And you’ve got your foes
They want a piece of something hot
Forget your name like they forgot
Ain’t that something
So when I see you crash and burn
I criticize your every word
I’m trying to keep from going insane
Ain’t that the way of this whole damn thing
Trying to be something..
Nobody’s gonna love you if
You can’t display a way to capture this
Nobody’s gonna hold your hand
And guide you through
No it’s up for you to understand
Nobody’s gonna feel your pain
When all is done
and it’s time for you to walk away
So when you have today
You should say all that you have to say
Say all that you have to say
Is there a right way for being strong
Feels like I’m doing things all wrong
Still I’m here just holding on
Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs
Just trying to show you something..
Don’t point the blame when you can’t find nothing
Look to yourself and you might find something
It’s time that we sorted out
All of the things
We complain about
So listen close to the sound of your soul
Take back a life
We led once before
If it ain’t you then who
If it ain’t you
Then who’s gonna love you